Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wireless

One of my favorite features of the DS is the Wi-Fi capabilities. Not only can you play with other DS users in the room with you (either using two game cards or sometimes just one), there is also the great Nintendo Wi-Fi connection for games like Animal Crossing, MarioKart, and others. So far I've only played Animal Crossing using Wi-Fi but I absolutely love it! I'm not sure why, but it is extremely satisfying to be playing DS with someone halfway across the country! Of course, this sometimes makes me feel old because most of the other players are in their early teens while I am 25, but I did meet up with some players as old as 40.

It is also incredible to be able to use just one game cartridge but play with multiple people in the same room. I hope they continue to expand on this concept, and I look forward to the Wi-Fi features of the Wii. This is a great way to deliver additional content to users who may otherwise become bored with a game. I can't wait for the Wii!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home